Get Help Now!
Do you have a flooded basement in your Indianapolis area home? Water is a force that is not easy to reckon with, and standing water poses health and safety hazards as well as the potential for long-term problems if the water isn’t professionally cleaned up.
Your best bet for a flooded basement is to call a local, trusted water damage restoration company who will get you back to normal quickly. The experienced, dedicated and compassionate team of Indianapolis water damage restoration experts at Hays + Sons is standing by, 24/7/365.
If you have a flooded basement, call (317) 788-0911 now for a quick response and FREE estimate.
Indianapolis Flooded Basement Cleanup Process
Once you have contacted Hays + Sons, the process of removing water, mitigating the water damage, and restoring your home and possessions can begin.
Here’s how the Hays + Sons water restoration process works:
- Estimator appointment. A customer service representative will set an appointment for an estimator to come and assess the damage. If you leave a message, you should expect a return call the same day.*Note: If the damage has made your home unlivable or unsafe for your family (for example, a tree has fallen and caused a hole in your roof,) your residential restoration company may be able to provide a temporary fix, such as putting plastic over your roof or providing emergency board-up service, until your restoration project has been approved by your insurer.
- Estimator visit. An estimator will come to your home at the appointed time. He or she will assess and document the damage to both the structure and contents of your home, taking photos and notes, and creating sketches of areas and/or rooms affected.
- Written estimate. Your estimator will write an estimate for your restoration project, detailing the scope of work involved, and submit it to your insurance company. This should happen within a week or less from the date of your appointment.
- Insurance approval. Your insurance adjuster will review the written estimate and either approve it or request additional information. They should reply within 24-72 hours. Until they approve the estimate, no work can begin. Your estimator will follow up with the insurance company, but you can also contact your insurance agent if your adjuster does not respond promptly.
- Repair authorization. Once your estimate has been approved by your insurance company, your estimator will send you a repair authorization form (also known as a structural repair agreement). As soon as you sign this form, your restoration work can be scheduled.
- Dedicated project manager. You will be assigned a dedicated project manager who will become your primary point of contact and guide your restoration project through to completion. You should receive a call from him or her within 24-48 hours after you’ve signed your repair authorization form to set up a pre-construction meeting.
- Pre-construction meeting. Your project manager will come to your home and review the estimate and scope of work with you.*Note: At this time, if there is work you would like to have done that’s outside of the scope of the insurance repair, you can ask your project manager to provide you with a quote for that work as well. This work will be billed to you separately, outside of your insurance claim.
- Project timeline. Your project manager will now create a timeline for your restoration work, schedule the various members of the restoration team and give you an estimated start and completion date.
- Restoration work begins. Your restoration company’s team of licensed, bonded and fully insured restoration specialists will begin the process of getting your home back to normal. Throughout the process, your project manager will be in communication with you to let you know what’s happening next and answer any questions you might have.
- Final walk-through. Once the restoration work is completed, your project manager will conduct a final walk-through with you. If any issues arise, the project manager will create a punch list and schedule the finishing touches to be completed.
- Authorization of completion. Once your home is restored to its original (or better!) condition, you will sign an authorization of completion that the restoration work has been completed to your satisfaction. Once that’s done, you can put all the stress of this unexpected event behind you and get back to normal.
Call (317) 788-0911
Common Causes of a Flooded Basement in Indianapolis
A flooded basement may require extensive property restoration services such as water removal, mitigation and restoration, mold remediation, board-up service, and personal property restoration. It’s best to know and take measures to prevent common causes of basement flooding.
- Burst pipes. While many homeowners worry about burst pipes in the winter months, the reality is that pipes can burst at any time of the year. Freezing and thawing in harsh, cold weather conditions can cause a burst pipe, but so can the pressure of excessive heat, particularly if exterior pipes are exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Heavy storms. Excessive rain for longer periods of time than your sewer system can handle can cause a flooded basement. Storms can also cause structural damage that allows water to seep into your basement and other areas of your home.
- Sewer back-ups. Flushing baby wipes, feminine hygiene products and other non-flushable items can spell trouble for your sewer, as can overloading your garbage disposal with grease, coffee grounds and fibrous materials. Tree roots that grow into pipes that connect to your sewer system can also be the culprit if you find unexpected water in your basement.
- Foundation problems. Crumbling foundations, or even microscopic cracks in your foundation can allow water to find a way in, particularly in times of heavy rain.
- Landscaping or other exterior problems. Drainage pipes near window wells, cracks in basement windows or compromised window latches or frames, mulch that’s piled too close to the house, drainage tile failures, sprinkler system malfunctions, or simply the grade of your lawn can contribute to water coming into your home instead of moving away from it.
- Household system or appliance malfunctions. Leaky plumbing supply lines, water tanks, clogged toilets, water heaters, dishwashers or washing machines can all cause basement flooding.
Call (317) 788-0911
The Hays + Sons Indianapolis water damage restoration team will:
- Arrive quickly and assess the damage.
- Walk you through what to expect throughout the water damage restoration process.
- Take pictures of the rooms and personal property items affected by the water damage.
- Communicate with your insurance agent and provide them with the photos.
- Communicate with you throughout the water damage restoration process.
- Build an effective drying plan and extract the water, using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Ensure the water-damaged area is well-ventilated to prevent further damage and mold growth.
- Routinely inspect the water-damaged area and monitor moisture levels.
- Restore your valued personal property items, like electronics, furniture, and heirlooms in our high-tech drying facility, and bring them back, good as new!
See Our Reviews
We Do Restoration Right
When you have water damage, you need a team of experienced flooded basement cleanup and water damage restoration experts who will give your valued personal property the time and attention they would if it were their own. Trust the Indianapolis water restoration team at Hays + Sons to carefully restore your home or business as well as your treasured possessions. We do restoration right.
About Hays + Sons
Our Indianapolis office is located at 757 E Murry St, Indianapolis, IN 46227, and is led by General Manager Patrick Baidinger.
Since 1982, Hays + Sons has been serving the Indianapolis community with property
restoration services including:
- Water Removal and Mitigation
- Mold Remediation
- Fire and Smoke Damage Cleaning
- Personal Property Restoration
- Board-Up Service
- Storm Damage Restoration
We act with integrity and value the relationships we build with both our employees and our customers. We’re honored by the trust our customers place in us and understand what it means for them to turn to us in their time of greatest need.
Your property is precious. You need an Indianapolis flooded basement cleanup company you can trust. Hays + Sons is the Official Restoration Company of the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts trust them and so do residents throughout the greater Indianapolis area. Here’s what they have to say about the Hays + Sons Indianapolis water restoration team (see reviews below):
The Areas We Serve
The Hays + Sons water damage restoration team serves the greater Indianapolis area, including the counties below. Click a county to see the cities we serve.
Indianapolis Coverage Map
Click a county to see the cities we serve. Don’t see your area? No worries, we have offices all around Indiana as well as Cincinnati, OH. See our full coverage map here.
- Center Point
- Clay City
- New Point
- Heritage Lake
- Van Bibber Lake
- Painted Hills
- North Salem
- Beech Grove
- Crows Nest
- Meridian Hills
- North Crows Nest
- Rocky Ripple
- Spring Hills
- Warren Park
- Williams Creek
- New Whiteland
- Princes Lakes
- New Palestine
- Spring Lake
- Saint Paul
Fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Service Request Indianapolis