Did your Android phone decide to go on vacation and refuses to turn on? If your Android phone won’t turn on for no apparent reason, finding why it failed to power on and the solution for it is not a fun process.
Here, we hope we are able to give you a checklist of reasons behind this issue and the possible steps you can take to rectify it.
- Part 1: Common Reasons That Your Android Phone Won’t Turn On
- Part 2: Rescue Data on Android Phone That Will Not Turn On
- Part 3: Android Phone Won’t Turn On: One Click Fix
- Part 4: Android Phone Won’t Turn On: Common Fix
- Part 5: Useful Tips to Protect Your Android Phone
Part 1: Common Reasons That Your Android Phone Won’t Turn On
If you cannot find any reason why your Android phone will not switch on, here are some possible reasons:
- Your Android phone is simply frozen in power-off or sleep mode. In which case, it fails to switch itself on or wake itself up when you initiate it.
- Your phone’s battery may be out of charge.
- The operating system or installed software is corrupted. The tell-tale sign if this is that if you manage to switch on your Android phone, it freezes or crash soon after.
- Your device is clogged up with dust and lint causing the hardware to not work properly.
- Your power button is broken, which caused it to not be able to trigger the necessary action needed to power up the Android phone. Check to also see if your connectors have no carbon build-up which will cause your phone to not be charged properly.
Part 2: Rescue Data on Android Phone That Will Not Turn On
If you need some help rescuing data from an Android phone that will not turn on, the Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) will be your best friend in your data recovery attempt. With the help of this data recovery solution, you will be able to intuitively recover lost, deleted or corrupted data on any Android devices. Its flexibility and efficiency in rescuing data make it one of the best software out there.
Note: For now, the tool can rescue data from broken Android only if your phone is earlier than Android 8.0, or rooted.
Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android)
World’s 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Available on: Windows
3981454 people have downloaded it
If your Android phone won’t turn on, here is how you can use the software to recover data:
Step 1: Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone
On your desktop computer or laptop, open Wondershare Dr.Fone. Click on Data Recovery on the left column. Connect your Android phone to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 2: Decide which file types to recover
On the next window, you will need to check the boxes corresponding to the type of files you can recover from a list. You can get back Contacts, Messages, Call History, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Photos, Audio and more.
Step 3: Select the problem with your phone
Opt for “Touch screen not responsive or cannot access the phone” or “Black/broken screen”. Click Next to continue.
Look up for your device – pick the Device Name and Device Model. Advance by clicking on the Next button.
Step 4: Go into your Android phone’s Download Mode.
The data recovery tool will guide you on how you can go into your Android phone’s Download Mode. You should be getting a step-by-step guide on your computer.
Step 5: Scan the Android Phone.
Using the provided USB cable, attach your Android phone to your computer – the data recovery tool should be able to discover your device automatically and scan it for recoverable data.
Step 6: Review and Retrieve the Data from Broken Android Phone.
Wait for the program to finish scanning the phone – once completed, you will be able to get a list of recoverable files. You can have a preview of the file by highlighting them. Tick the box next to the file name and click on Recover to start retrieving the files and save them in the destination of your choosing.
Part 3: Android Phone Won’t Turn On: One Click Fix
After repeated attempts, when your Android mobile/tablet stops buzzing, what options do you have to revive it?
Well, we would recommend picking Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android) to fix an Android phone will not switch problem. This one-click Android system repair tool resolves every Android system issue without any fuss including Android Phone won’t turn on issue.
Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android)
The real fix to issues like “Android phone will not switch on”
- This tool is aptly effective for all the latest Samsung devices.
- With a high success rate for fixing Android devices, Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android) ranks at the top.
- This is a single click application to fix all Android system issues effortlessly.
- It is the first tool to repair all Android system issues in the industry.
- It is intuitive and requires no tech expertise to work with.
3981454 people have downloaded it
Prior to fixing the Android phone will not switch and getting things back in action. You need to make sure that you have backed up the Android device. It is recommended that rescuing data from an Android phone by backing up is better than recovering it post the process.
Phase 1: Get the device ready and connect it
Step 1: Run Dr.Fone on your computer once the installation is complete and tap the ‘Repair’ option form the interface. Now, connect your Android mobile with the computer.
Step 2: You will find a range of options, tap on the ‘Android Repair’ one. Hit the ‘Start’ button so that you can proceed to fix Android Phone won’t turn on hassle.
Step 3: Now, over the device information window, ensure to feed your exact device details. Press the ‘Next’ button then on.
Phase 2: Enter ‘Download’ mode for fixing your Android device
Step 1: You need to put your Android device in Download mode for resolving the Android phone will not switch on.
- For the device having ‘Home’ button, you got to switch it off and press ‘Volume Down’, ‘Home’, and ‘Power’ keys for 5-10 seconds at once. Let them go and click on the ‘Volume Up’ button to put your phone in ‘Download’ mode.
- For ‘Home’ button-less device, turn the phone/tablet down first. For 5 – 10 seconds, hold down the ‘Volume Down’, ‘Bixby’, and ‘Power’ buttons. Tap on the ‘Volume Up’ button to get into the ‘Download’ mode, after releasing the 3 buttons.
Step 2: Hitting the ‘Next’ key will allow you to download firmware and proceed with the next step.
Step 3: Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android) would verify your firmware download and then take a while to rectify and resolve Android Phone won’t turn on issue.
Part 4: Android Phone Won’t Turn On: Common Fix
To try fixing an Android Phone that won’t turn on, follow these steps:
- For any Android devices, remove the battery (considering the battery of your Android phone can be removed) and leave it out for at least 30 minutes. Put back the battery in and try to turn it on.
- Press and hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time for 15-30 minutes to reboot the device.
- Should the first two steps do not work, charge your Android phone to get it out of the start-up loop. You can also opt to use a different battery, just in case your current battery is the source of the problem.
- If there are any connected hardware e.g. SD card, remove them from the device.
- Start your Android phone in Safe Mode by pressing and holding down the Menu or Volume Down button on your device.
- Should the first five steps do not work for you, perform a hard reset. Do take note that each device will have a different way to do so and that data that is stored locally on the phone will be deleted.
- Send your Android phone to the repair shop should none of these steps work.
Part 5: Useful Tips to Protect Your Android Phone
There are several reasons as to why your Android phone won’t turn on. The problem could be a hardware or software issue which could be prevented. Here are some useful tips to protect your Android phone.
- Remember that the components that make your Android phone is sensitive. To protect these components from being damaged, use a good guard casing.
- Take apart your Android phone and clean it routinely to avoid dust and lint from clogging the phone and overheating it.
- It is recommended to download apps from Google Play Store. This way, you can be sure that your app comes from a trusted source.
- Read the app’s permission to see which part of the operating system and your personal information that you are giving access to.
- Install reliable anti-virus and anti-malware software to safeguard your Android phone from malicious attacks.
- Make sure you update your operating system, software and apps to make sure you have the latest version – the developer may have fixed the bugs that have caused problems on Android phones.
It is important to note that your phone contains some important data. Therefore, when your Android phone won’t turn on do not just give up – there are plenty of tools at your disposal to recover back your files and phone.