Menstrual cramps can be very disabling. It can hamper the day to day life of any woman. Millions of women all over the world face this pain during their periods. Women just can’t afford to sit at home and ensure the pain because life can’t stop during periods right? They do it no matter what.
But there are good news ladies… yes, this cannot be avoided because the red wedding in the pants is inevitable. But there are terrific ways to control this pain and perform daily activities without much trouble.
We shall now learn about a few ways to tackle this agonizing pain instantly. These processes are simple and effective.
- 1 How To Reduce Stomach Ache During Periods Instantly?
- 1.1 Chamomile tea with honey
- 1.2 Asparagus
- 1.3 Turmeric
- 1.4 Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, and Zinc
- 1.5 Chinese herbal medicines
- 1.6 Heat treatment
- 1.7 Massage with oils
· First and foremost thing while on periods are that you have to always keep yourself hydrated. So, drink a lot of water because drinking water is beneficial for many types of discomfort like it reduces bloating during periods. Bloating can cause a lot of pain. If you have lukewarm water with ginger or mint and lemon or lemon and honey then it will ease your pain instantly. You are getting the required fluid plus the goodness of these natural items will help your uterine muscles to relax. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help the uterine muscles to relax and the pain reduces instantly.
Chamomile tea with honey
· Try having chamomile tea with honey during this time of the month as it helps in reducing the pain instantly. Chamomile too is known for anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce prostaglandin production responsible for the contraction of uterine muscles. Prostaglandin in the bloodstream can also induce nausea, vomiting, severe lower abdominal cramps, headache, etc.
· Asparagus is also known to be beneficial for reducing the unbearable menstrual cramps. It is rich in anti-oxidants and other medicinal properties that help to maintain the balance of the hormones. Once the hormones are balanced properly, the cramps reduce automatically and instantly. A pinch of cinnamon too during the periods work like magic for some women. You can try these at home and see whether these work for you or not.
· You can soak in the benefits of therapeutic turmeric. From time immemorial turmeric has been used in ayurvedic medicines for its immense medicinal properties. Turmeric helps to relieve menstrual cramps easily and effectively. The medicinal compounds of turmeric help to manipulate the neurotransmitter levels that might help in the reduction of PMS symptoms and instantly deals with severe pain during your cycle.
Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, and Zinc
· Proper amounts of calcium, manganese, magnesium, and zinc can help to alleviate menstrual cramps instantly. Calcium helps the muscles to tone up whereas manganese and magnesium prevent dysmenorrhea. It helps the muscles to calm down which reduces the menstrual cramps. You can have bananas during periods because bananas are a rich source of magnesium and potassium.
Chinese herbal medicines
· Some people have tried out the traditional Chinese herbal medicines for dysmenorrhea and their conditions have improved quite fast. This traditional medicine helps to reduce pain and uterine contractions. The overall menstrual symptoms also get solved so this can be considered as a very effective solution for menstrual cramps.
· Heat treatment is one more very effective and instantaneous solution for menstrual cramps. This is perhaps the easiest solution as well. When you experience too much pain just don’t worry. Heat a towel or fill a hot water bag with hot water and apply the heat on your lower abdomen, back and thighs. You will be relieved then and there. Heat therapy is the most tried and tested one which is a proven period-pain buster. The role of heat is that of ibuprofen which helps to reduce the pain just like an analgesic.
Massage with oils
· Massaging with essential oils like lavender or jojoba or marjoram or sage help to increase blood flow. As the blood flows more to the uterus it obviously carries oxygen with itself and this oxygen helps to alleviate the pain by helping the uterine muscles to expand and relax. This process will give you respite from the annoying pain within minutes but if you want to get better results, then massage your lower abdomen with essential oils for at least 5 minutes every day during periods and you will notice the overall changes.
· Try to regulate your breathing pattern while you experience extreme pain. Exhaling and inhaling help in reducing the pain. This process of regulating breathing pattern called “Pranayama” in Yoga. This will reduce the pain.
· A warm bath can also reduce menstrual pain within minutes and uplift your mood. Try out these amazing methods, live freely and live well!