With a new Omicron sub-variant being identified across the world, concerns are growing over Covid cases rising again.
Omicron is believed to be more transmissible than other strains, meaning that it can be spread from person to person more easily.
The strain also often results in milder disease with many experiences few and sometimes even no symptoms.
Now the arrival of the ‘stealth’ version of the Omicron variant has appeared, leading to fears it could spark further waves of Covid-19 in the future.
Known to scientists as BA.2, the new sub-variant has been designated a ‘variant under investigation’ by the UK Health Security Agency.
It is important to be fully away of all the possible Covid symptoms in order to avoid the spread of infection and thus another wave of Covid-19 in the future.
In fact, there are some signs you may spot in your ears, eyes on in your head you may not know about, reports The Mirror.
Here we take a look at some of the lesser known symptoms to look out for.
© Getty One young woman massaging temples feeling head pain
Omicron symptoms in your eyes, ears and head
The main symptoms of coronavirus are a new, continuous cough, a fever and a loss of taste and/or smell, according to the NHS.
Video: Omicron variant: what are the symptoms? (Daily Record)
What to watch next
- Stunning 4-bed mansion in Bothwell for saleDaily Record
- Watch as vicious thugs assault 11-year-old girl in brutal attackDaily Record
- Man Carries Seagull Around A ShopDaily Record
- Fury and Whyte weigh in ahead of heavyweight world title fightDaily Record
- John Darwin meets his wife in jail on ITV’s The Thief, His Wife and The CanoeDaily Record
- Disgusting fly-tippers target EK business park yet againDaily Record
- Jason Leitch pays tribute to health staff during visit to East KilbrideDaily Record
- Nicola Sturgeon – Local election is first and foremost about the cost of living crisisDaily Record
- Support is ebbing away from the PM, says Nicola SturgeonDaily Record
- Nicola Sturgeon – Boris Johnson has no shame and no respect for democracyDaily Record
- Coronavirus Latest NewsDaily Record
- Stunning 4-bed mansion in Bothwell for saleThis 4-bed mansion is truly an original – Croftbank Avenue, Bothwell, Glasgow Offers Over £1,495,000 Daily Record
- Watch as vicious thugs assault 11-year-old girl in brutal attackThe incident was caught on camera Daily Record
- Man Carries Seagull Around A ShopPaul Elcombe caught on CCTV carrying a bird around a convenience store Daily Record
However, symptoms of the Omicron variant have been described as milder.
According to the ZOE Covid Study, the top five symptoms identified were a runny nose, headache, fatigue, sneezing and a sore throat.
There are also other sign to look out for – particularly ones that affect your ears, eyes and head
Vertigo is a symptom that can occur during the “acute” phase of Covid infection, during the recovery process or as part of long Covid symptoms, says the NHS.
Vertigo is a sensation of spinning or an altered sense of motion, or lightheadedness.
The NHS adds: “Dizziness can also be linked with ringing in the ears, reduced hearing, eye strain and headaches.
“These may come and go throughout the day. If they are constant or very intense, you should inform your healthcare professional as they may want to do some further investigations.”
According to the NHS, many studies have shown that Covid may cause headaches.
It added: “Some people even get a headache before they notice any breathing problems. It is a common symptom of Covid.
“Headaches are often a feature of other viral infections, but for most people the presence of a headache does not always mean that the virus is still present in the body.”
According to Dr Konstantina Stankovic, chair of the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Stanford University, ear pain is becoming a common sign of infection.
Her team found that some of those infected with Covid had inner ear symptoms.
She told 7News: “If you notice hearing loss or dizziness or ringing in your ears, don’t dismiss them.
“Get tested formally. In some of our patients, we’ve seen that hearing loss is the only sign of Covid infection.”
If you experience any symptoms associated with Covid-19, you should book a free PCR test from the NHS website.
Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here .